Saturday, May 8, 2010

Troy's movements weren't as active as he usually is today. But that's not always a bad thing. He had his iPod in his ears and I played Psalms pretty much all day for him today. Charlene (his mom) came from NC today so she got to spend a lot of time with him. She said he was coughing, moving his head a bit and moving around a bit.

I went in to say goodnight to him today and while I was there, with Brianna, he took a LONG big breath! That was a bit scary for me because it made the ventilator stop, so I sat and stared at it a bit until it kicked back on. His nurse Chris says he's doing most of the breathing, so praise God for that! He just needs time to heal. The brain needs time to repair itself.

Every day is a milestone for Troy. Every day he'll just have to keep on keepin' on.

I have a meeting with the hospital social worker and the nurse case manager on Monday to start making decisions for his long term care. One of the options is that they move him to Shepards Center http://www.shepherd.org/, a rehabilitat
ion facility in Atlanta, GA, that tends to patients with lower level brain injury that are on a ventilator, like Troy is.

I pray for strength and wisdom to make the best decision for him. All I could think of to tell the nurse case manager today was - "He's not leaving without me and the girls. So wherever we put him, make room for 3 more!"

We just have to pray harder, that's all. I'm keeping my faith. God is going to get us through this!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Your faith awes me. I keep praying for you and your family! Love you! BTW, I used to live down the street (less than 5 mins) from Shepherd and it is a fantastic place.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Heather. I hear many good things about Shepherd! I pray all goes well with him there and they can rehabilitate him so I can bring him back home.

    ReplyDelete