Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today was a pretty uneventful day for Troy, but in a good way. He's still not awake, but there was a calm upon his face today that was actually good to see. He is off of all pain medicines and the nurses will only be giving it to him if he shows signs of being in pain (grimacing, erratic movement, or frowning). I bought some carmex and put that on his lips (they were a bit dry), cleaned his face with alcohol pads to get his skin nice and clean and spend about 2 hours with him this morning reading to him and talking to him. His movements are a little bit more coordinated. Not sure if that's a sign that he's emerging from his coma or not, but I'm grateful he's still with us.

Since the visiting hours are so much stricter at this hospital, I have nothing else to do but find things to do to keep myself busy. What did I do, you ask? I came back to room and napped! I napped for 2 whole hours! *wow* Last night I slept 7 straight hours without waking up to cry, think, or worry. I haven't slept that long in two weeks and I have to say, it felt pretty good.

Then, to make my day even better Charlene - mom, Shanda - cousin, and Lloyd - best friend came from NC so I got to spend the afternoon with them. Then, we all went back to visit Troy for a bit and once we ran out our visit time with Troy, LLOYD decided he wanted to go to Walmart to pick "something" up. Needless to say, a 15 minute trip turned into a 1.5 hour drive around Atlanta. LOL. And all for toothpaste, a toothbrush, and a bag of chips. I'm still laughing about it. I'm glad I went along for the ride. I laughed so much tonight. I really needed that.

I know Troy is going to be OK, I know God is with him and with me watching over us, taking care of us and I remain trustful and faithful to the Lord! Today was a good day. I don't know what tomorrow will hold, but I leave it all in God's hands. After all, He is in control.

3 comments:

  1. Gracias A Dios
    Salmos 1:1 and 4:1-8

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.cyberhymnal.org

    hi joan!

    so glad you had laughs and a some good sleep! don't know if you are familiar with cyberhymnal but you can get great reformed hymns with the music to play on your computer for free.

    i wanted to mail you a care package...where can i send it?

    because He reigns supreme,
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the encouragement and the bible verses!

    Jessica, my address here is

    Joan Walker WFRC #314
    c/o Shepherd Center
    2020 Peachtree Rd. NW
    Atlanta, GA 30309

    Thank you so much for all the support! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete