Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spent an awesome day with the girls. We spent a little while with Troy this morning then we ended up going to Zoo Atlanta. The girls had a blast. We were done with enough time to come back to Troy's room and stay with him the rest of the night.

Surprisingly enough, he didn't have much of a reaction to the girls being there as he did the last time they were here. His dad got here early this afternoon and said that he was able to get Troy to open his eyes a few times. We stayed with Troy the rest of the evening and saw him open his eyes a few other times.

The girls go back tomorrow, so I pray that Troy is more alert than he was today when we get there and can have him interacting with the girls a bit more.

I continue to remain prayerful for my husband's full recovery!

Also, if anyone knows of homes or apartments that are handicap ready or can be converted to be handicap accessible (or anything of that nature), please email me at the email address on this site. I am going to have to make some really fast moves and start looking for a place to bring him home to, in the event the Lord doesn't will Troy to wake up before June 23rd.

At this point I am trying to stay either in Atlanta (or near here) or move to Wauchula, FL where FINR is. I just found out today that if Troy is accepted into the Day program, when he wakes up, the hospital will readmit him and do rehab with him at this hospital. That would be the ideal since this remains to be one of the top 10 hospitals for rehab in the nation. FINR is good as well, but after looking last night for schools in that area, I was not impressed by the location and the schools in that area either. So, I might end up just having to move here, near this hospital, so that when he wakes up I can live with the girls close by and I won't have to be away from our girls again as I have been doing this past month and half.

Thank you for any help you can offer. God bless!

1 comment:

  1. You might want to check with yout local Centers for Independent Living. They are really good with helping the disabled and their families find housing.

    Praying constantly for you and Troy!

    ReplyDelete