Friday, June 4, 2010

Let me start off with apologizing for not posting in the blog last night. I received a few calls, texts and emails today asking if everything was OK because I didn't post. Everything is fine. I just didn't have anything new to post yesterday and was so tired last night, I thought I would take a night to myself. To not think about anything, to just relax. I wasn't very successful at it anyway, but adding the blogging to my evening the way it was going last night would have proved to be too much, so I skipped the blogging.

With that being said, today was pretty much like it has been the past few days. Troy got 3 hours of physical therapy. His occupational therapist worked him really tough this morning. He was frowning and breathing really heavily so it was obvious he was being worked to the maximum. He also did 5 miles on the mechanical bike. The machine was doing the pedaling for him, but they put patches on his hamstrings and quadriceps that stimulated the muscle. The purpose of that was to see if they could get him to do some of the work and pedal some for the machine by sending electric shocks to the muscle to get them to contract. There is a gauge on the machine that shows how much work he is doing. The machine starts off at 100%, which means the machine is doing all of the pedaling for him. As he begins to pedal it will count down from there until it gets to 0%, which means he's doing all of the work. It stayed at 100% the entire 5 miles, but the goal is to get him to start pedaling himself.

There was a lot on my mind today too. Troy's discharge date is on June 23rd from here, so if he doesn't wake up or show some marked improvement by then, they will discharge him home or to a nursing home. Once he wakes up, he will either come back to Shepherd (and stay here for 6 weeks again, then go back to FL) or be transferred to FINR (Florida Institute for Neurologic Rehabilitation) in Wauchula, FL all together. So, I have decided to move close to FINR and that way when he wakes up, I'll be living nearby the facility with the girls and we won't have to go through what we are going through now with having such a big distant between me and the girls for such a long time. I went ahead and stepped out in faith and gave notice at my place today and will have to be out by July 1st. With God's help I will shoot to be out of there by the 23rd and already in a new place so that when Troy comes home he won't have to spend any time in a nursing home facility...he can just come straight home.

There are a lot of changes happening really fast and I am putting my trust and faith in the Lord to guide me and give me the wisdom to make the right choices for all of us. There was a verse in the bible today that was helping me deal with all of this, this afternoon:

"For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course." Proverbs 2:6-9

I continue to pray for guidance and discernment so that I don't lean on my own understanding but that I may in all my ways acknowledge the Lord so that he can guide me and straighten my ways. (Proverbs 3:5).

Our friends are driving my car up from FL and bringing me the girls this weekend and then taking them back on Sunday when they go home. So, I'm definitely excited about seeing them later on tonight. Also, Troy's dad will be here with us, as well, so I am anxious to see how Troy receives the different company and if we can get him more alert while the girls and his dad are here.

Trusting and patiently waiting on the Lord to continue to do His holy will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment