Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Assessment of the house with Troy today

The physical therapist brought Troy and his CNA to the house today so they could assess how he would do when he comes home for good on November 24th. We tried out both bathrooms with him and decided that the girls bathroom would work best, we also had him maneuver his way around the house and he was able to make his way around the house with no problem. The therapist and nurse were both very impressed with how well he did getting around the house and the way the house is laid out really helps him as well, so I was happy to see that God led me in the right direction with this house.

I also found out that it looks like Troy will need quite a while longer of therapy that anticipated. They feel that he is doing well with therapy, but due to his rate of recovery, it looks like it will be closer to 2 years before he will be weaned off of the therapy regime at Shepherd so he can be sent to another place of our choice. In a way, I was happy to hear that Shepherd is willing to work with him, but on the other hand, that means we'll have to stay here longer. Both issues are OK though, the girls have already made friends at school and church and the church we go to here has already reached out to help me and the girls in many ways, so either way will work out for us. God continues to bless our family! Praise God for that.

So, the next step will be to figure out how long the CNA will be authorized to be here to help me with Troy once he's home on a more steady basis. He will still have to be transported to therapy and back so we still have to go through, but on his non-therapy days they are working out to see for how long a nurse will be here to help me. I pray that God provides me with the best care for him and that I get the necessary help for him so I can continue to take care of the girls, the house, work and school.

Everything continues to fall into place so I continue to remain faithful to what God is doing in our family and with Troy's recovery.

Thanks to everyone for the continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment